Art Galleries, Museums and Other Libraries
- Australian Museum: nature culture discover
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Galleries: online resources on a range of topics including art, Tasmanian Aboriginal culture, History and Climate Change and The Antarctica.
- Western Australian Museum : online education resources
- The British Museum: includes online activities to explore ancient cultures and history
- Natural History Museum (London) Online resources that support science and geography teaching.
- Power Museum: Online resources and games for primary students.
- National Museum of Australia - Schools: Offers interactive TV, resources for classrooms and relate to the Australian curriculum.
- CIA: The World Factbook. provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Our Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
- National Library of Australia: Find and get over 407,958,229 Australian and online resources: books, images, historic newspapers, maps, music, archives and more
- Newseum: Through a special agreement with more than 2,000 newspapers worldwide, the Newseum displays front pages each day on its website. The front pages are in their original, unedited form, and some may contain material that is deemed objectionable to some visitors.
- Onlinenewspapers: A beautifully clean and fast site. Includes online magazines with links to free worldwide magazines on a broad range of subjects. Newspaper websites can be searched by country or region and are very quickly retrieved.
- ipl2: Newspapers and Magazines Organised as a basic database, the user starts at the international and regional level, drills down to country level, then can use the city index to locate a specific newspaper. Less visual than other sites, it is still easy to use and reveals an amazing range of world news.
- AustLit: Comprehensive rich source of information on Australian story-telling. Includes Australian literature, fiction, drama, poetry, memoirs, indigenous life stories, autobiography, biography, travel writing and oral history, It is free and for some resources you may need your state library membership details. However there is a wealth of material that you can access easily without membership.